10:00 AM. This is a lovely morning. Sunshine is coming through my window and warms my back.
I have just made lunch to bring to my work, and I’m now drinking coffee with oliebollen, a local pastry from the Netherlands.
Every Thursday I start work at 12 O’ clock. That means I can get up late, have a slow breakfast and sometimes cook lunch for work.
|Today, I made Cantonese style fried noodles. For this we will need:
Preparation step: cut, cut and cut…
- Cut the sausages into thin pieces
- Cut the spring union in pieces of about 3 cm
- Cut the dried chilies in fine pieces
- Heat some oil in a wok, then add the sausages and dried chili. Fry for 1 minute and then add the Udon noodles
- You will find that the Udon is a bit dry and sticky. This is not a problem: just sprinkle some warm water (about half my coffee cup) over them, and then stir. You’ll see that they loosen up
- Add the dark soy sauce and the Oyster sauce and stir 1 to 2 minutes
- Add the bean sprouts, and one spoon of light soy sauce. Stir fry for another minute
- Finally add the spring unions and stir fry for one minute more
Everything from washing, cutting and cooking in only 10 minutes. Now that’s easy right?